IB Curriculum at DPS Bangalore South
Delhi Public School, Bangalore South is an authorised school for the International Baccalaureate Career related programme (IBCP). IB World Schools share a common philosophy i.e. a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
The CP’s three-part framework comprises the study of at least two Diploma Programme (DP) courses alongside the distinctive CP core and a career-related study. For CP students, DP courses provide the theoretical support and academic rigour of the programme; the career-related study further supports the programme’s.
Approaches to Learning, a course specifically developed for the IBCP, focuses on developing skills to create future ready students. The career-related component of the program culminates in a reflective project through which students explore an ethical issue related to their career study. Finally, in keeping with the IB’s commitment to creating globally-minded learners, the IBCP requires students to study a modern language over the two years of the program.
IBCP Career Pathway
Delhi Public School Bangalore South in collaboration with WACP offers its students Career related Courses in:
1. Artificial Intelligence
2. Business Administration
Different parts of the world use different terminology to refer to career-related studies. They can be described as vocational, professional or technical studies and there will be other definitions in other local or national systems. The term adopted throughout CP documentation is ”career-related studies”.
As an IB candidate the student must:
• Have a strong desire to learn
• Express him/herself well both orally and in written work
• Develop and maintain successful study and time management skills
• Think critically
• Work well both independently and with others
• Participate in diverse activities (including service) outside the classroom
• Enjoy learning with an international perspective
The CP is designed for students interested in pursuing a career-related education in the final two years of school. It provides them with an excellent foundation to support their further studies as well as ensure their preparedness for success in the workforce.
The CP enables students to:
• follow their chosen education and career pathways in life
• combine academic subjects with their personal and professional interests and skills
• engage in learning that makes a positive difference to their community
• think critically and creatively
• communicate clearly and effectively in a variety of situations
• work independently and in collaboration with others
• consider new perspectives and other points of view
• develop greater self-confidence and self-awareness
• demonstrate high levels of resilience and flexibility
• be internationally-minded and globally aware
• apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios and situations.
The Certificate of the Career-related Programme of the International Baccalaureate will be awarded subject to satisfactory completion of the following requirements by a candidate:
a. The candidate has completed the specified career-related study.
b. The candidate has been awarded a grade 3 or more in at least two of the Diploma Programme courses registered for the Career-related Programme.
c. The candidate has been awarded a grade of at least D for the reflective project.
d. Personal and professional skills, service learning and language development requirements have been met.
e. The candidate has not received a penalty for academic misconduct.